We have teamed up with Blackwell’s in Oxford to give you the chance to win a copy of our book of the month “Stories for Boys who Dare to be Different”
Daniel Radcliffe, Galileo Galilei, Nelson Mandela, Louis Armstrong, Grayson Perry, Louis Braille, Lionel Messi, King George VI, Jamie Oliver… all dared to be different.
Prince charming, dragon slayer, mischievous prankster… More often than not, these are the role-models boys encounter in the books they read at home and at school. As a boy, there is an assumption that you will conform to a stereotypical idea of masculinity.
But what if you’re the introvert kind? What if you prefer to pick up a book rather than a sword? What if you want to cry when you’re feeling sad or angry? What if you like the idea of wearing a dress?
There is an ongoing crisis with regards to young men and mental health, with unhelpful gender stereotypes contributing to this malaise. Stories for Boys Who Dare to Be Different offers a welcome alternative narrative. It is an extraordinary compilation of 100 stories of famous and not-so-famous men from the past to the present day, every single one of them a rule-breaker and innovator in his own way, and all going on to achieve amazing things. Entries include Frank Ocean, Salvador Dalí, Rimbaud, Beethoven, Barack Obama, Stormzy, Ai Weiwei and Jesse Owens – different sorts of heroes from all walks of life and from all over the world.
A beautiful and transporting book packed with stories of adventure and wonderment, it will appeal to those who need the courage to reject peer pressure and go against the grain. It is the must-have book for all those boys who worry about stuff and all those parents who worry about their boys who worry about stuff. It will educate and entertain, while also encourage and inspire.
To enter this fantastic competition simply subscribe to our newsletter by filling in your details below and answering the question “Name a male hero that inspires you?”
If you can’t wait for the results of the competition you can buy Stories for Boys who Dare to be Different from Blackwell’s here
Terms and Conditions
- There is 1 prize of the book Stories for Boys who Dare to be Different
- No cash alternative.
- Open to UK residents, excluding employees and relatives of Little Ankle Biters and Blackwell’s
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 30/06/2018
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must subscribe to The Little Ankle Biters Oxon newsletter and answer the question “What is your child’s favourite book?”
- The winner will be informed by email within 3 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be published on the Little Ankle Biters social media accounts.
- The promoters are Little Ankle Biters and Blackwell’s
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
For days out in Oxfordshire click here