The Goring and Streatley Food & Drink Festival takes place this year on Saturday 9 September 2017. It’s a fun, interactive and indulgent day out which the whole family will enjoy. In a beautiful setting by the river, you can make your way through both of the villages having a nibble here and there as you discover the large number of food and drink traders who have descended on Goring and Streatley.
There will be loads going on including chef demonstrations, tastings, competitions or why not enjoy a boat ride down the beautiful River Thames. The doors to some of Goring and Streatley ‘s finest establishments will be opening as they host food loving festival-goers.
- This year there will be a hot street food fair which will be hosted on the river front at The Swan in Streatley.
- The stunning Rectory Gardens in Goring will be where you’ll find the naughty but nice cakes and bakes stand. This is also where the children’s Young Fun zone will be found with competitions, games and entertainment.
- The Chef Demonstrations will be taking place in the Village Hall. Tickets cost £5.00 and this gets you in to all the sessions throughout the day, make sure you arrive early though to get in to the demonstrations you fancy. You can book your ticket now by clicking here.
- Drinks tastings will be hosted in courtyard of The Miller of Mansfield – tickets are being sold on the day so make sure you come and get them early to avoid any disappointment.
- All competitions will be in the Catherine Wheel Gardens.
Perfect timing with Great British Bake off back on our screens this week, Goring and Streatly will be hosting their own bake off for adults and children. There will also be fun competitions like apple bobbing and Man Vs Food style spaghetti eating contests. Make sure you come hungry if you fancy your chances.
Details and getting there:
Park at one of the dedicated car parks in Spring Lane, Goring and take a boat or bus ride to the Goring and Streatley festival. The postcode for park and ride is RG8 0HR. Park and Ride costs £5.00 per car which can be redeemed against the cost of a boat ride. The Boat Rides leave from Rossini at the Leatherne Bottel every 20 minutes, the are £5.00 per adult and children go free.
The Park & Ride Going Forward buses will leave from the top car park in Spring Lane every 20 minutes. The last bus back from Goring will be at 5:30pm.
Coffee, Drinks and Pastries will be available all day by the riverside at Rossini at the Leatherne Bottel.
For those of you feeling energetic it’s a lovely walk along the Ridgeway Path into the village, and is just over a mile.
For more information see, www.goringstreatleyfoodfest.co.uk
If you would like more ideas for what’s on in Oxfordshire click here
For family day out ideas in and around Oxfordshire click here